Social Work Instructor
The Department of Professional Programs at Yellowhead Tribal College is seeking a full time instructor for the Indigenous Social Work Programs.
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in Treaty 6 territory. We provide accredited programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment that nurtures FNMI cultures and traditions. The college was established in 1986 by Yellowhead Tribal Council to meet the educational needs of its member nations (Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O'Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation). We now offer academic upgrading, certificates, diplomas, and post-secondary courses and degrees to all adult learners.
Under the direction of the Department Head of Professional Programs, the instructor will carry out the duties expected from the Department Head and the instructional needs of the Indigenous Social Work programs. The incumbent will be responsible for the instruction of social work courses, course development, participation in committees and meetings, and student advising in both the Indigenous Social Work diploma and degree programs.
Applicants should possess the following education and experience:
- Two years of post-secondary teaching experience preferred or extensive sessional instruction
- Extensive social work experience with Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations
- Minimum of a R.S.W. with a Master of Social Work preferred or a R.S.W. with Master's degree in related area
- Computer literacy, particularly in Office Suite, Google Applications, and SMART boards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent human relation and student engagement skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Cultural competency in an Indigenous education setting
- Extensive knowledge of Indigenous culture and issues
- Administrative experience
As a full time YTC employee, the incumbent will be expected to work 35 hours per week.
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Closing date: July 25, 2017
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to:
Joy Sandy, Human Resources Officer