Graduation Assistant/File Clerk (Temporary)
The Student Services Department at Yellowhead Tribal College is seeking to fill the position of Graduation Assistant/File Clerk.
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in Treaty 6 territory. We provide recognized programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment based in FNMI cultures and traditions. The College was established in 1986 by the Yellowhead Tribal Council to meet the educational needs of its member nations (Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O'Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation). We now offer academic upgrading, certificates, diplomas, and degrees to all adult learners.
Under the direction of the Registrar's Office, the Graduation Assistant/File Clerk assists with data collection and management for graduation and archiving. This position works with other administrators across the College, assisting with the coordination of services such as compiling of data, digitization, and maintenance of files. Efficient time management and error-free work is critical to this position, as it is focused on data management support. As a dynamic position within the College, the successful candidate will be expected to work in a high-volume, team-based, open-office environment.
Applicants should possess the following education and experience:
- Some post-secondary education (considered an asset)
- Experience in an office environment
- Excellence in service
- Computer literacy, particularly in Student Information Systems (SIS), the MS Office suite, and Google applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent human relations and student engagement skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Cultural competency in an Indigenous education setting
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and issues
- Administrative experience in a post-secondary institution (considered an asset)
- Fluency in an Indigenous language (considered an asset)
- First Nations, Métis, or Inuit youth (15-30 years of age) who are currently unemployed or underemployed and not in school
As a temporary YTC employee, the incumbent may work up to a maximum of 35 hours per week.
Call will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Start date: immediately.
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to:
Joy Sandy, Human Resources Officer
YTC thanks all applicants for your interest in the College, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.