ABOUT YELLOWHEAD TRIBAL COLLEGE
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in the Treaty 6 territory. We provide accredited programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment nurtured by First Nations cultures and traditions. The college was established in 1986 by Yellowhead Tribal Council to meet the educational needs of its member nations (Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O'Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation). We offer academic upgrading, certificates, diplomas, and post-secondary courses and degrees to all adult learners in Alberta and across Canada.
Reporting to the Department Head, the Program Assistant will help ensure the successful management of three academic programs. This is a full-time contract position that will run from January 18, 2021 to June 30, 2021, with the possibility of extension.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, emailing, etc.
- Maintaining calendars and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Assisting with the preparation of course schedules
- Assisting with student recruitment
- Assisting with the application and intake process, including scheduling assessments
- Evaluating and maintaining accurate records
- Assisting with technology related to online course delivery with/for instructors, students
The successful candidate must possess the following :
- Certificate or equivalent in a related field
- Positive attitude and sincere interest in helping people
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional appearance
- Administrative experience and/or evidence of leadership qualities
- Experience working in Human Resources preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office software applications
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Applicants must be a member of one of the four Yellowhead Tribal Council Nations.
To apply: Qualified applicants may email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.