The ESDW program is focused on capacity-building and the nine foundational skills essential to entering and succeeding in the workforce. Students are supported in developing and expanding their competencies across a range of general skills. With access to YTC's full range of student services, ESDW students will conclude the four-month program with a two-month work placement.
Essential Skills form the basis of the program's 10 modules:
- Indigenous Identity and Creating a Learning Portfolio
- Digital Technology and Computer Literacy
- Document Use
- Oral Communication
- Working with Others
- The Digital World of Human Resources
- Help people perform the tasks required by their occupation
- Provide people with a foundation to learn other skills
- Enhance people's ability to adapt to change
The program builds on a foundation of traditional Indigenous culture, knowledge, and language. Students are also supported by the wide array of services the College provides to help them on their learning path including tutoring, counselling, library services, and career exploration.
Essential Skills in a Digital World is offered in partnership with Service Canada.