How to Apply

If you are applying for a program or course, you can apply online, in person, or by mail.

All applicants must complete:

Please note: For applicants who need to apply by using a paper copy, please use this form and send it to Admissions.


For any questions please contact

Additional Materials

Some YTC programs require additional application materials. Please refer to the program's webpage for a list of specific requirements. All of YTC's programs can be found here.

High School & Other Post-Secondary Transcripts

Request your high school transcripts here.

If you have attended another post-secondary institution, you will need to request to have your transcripts sent to us. Official transcripts may be emailed *by the institution* to or mailed to:

Registrar's Office
Yellowhead Tribal College
10045 156 St. NW
Edmonton, AB T5P 2P7

Applicants may also drop off forms or payment in person, or mail forms or cheques to:

Registrar's Office
Yellowhead Tribal College
10045 156 Street
Edmonton, AB T5P 2P7

*Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, YTC is accepting in-person applications by appointment only. Please contact us at 780-484-0303 or email to make an appointment.

Yellowhead Tribal Council Members

Members of Alexander, Alexis, O'Chiese, and Sunchild can visit to apply for post-secondary student sponsorship. 

Note: If you are enrolled in a 10-month program, you will need to reapply for Spring/Summer sponsorship.

Government of Alberta Foundational Learning Assistance

If you are applying to one of these Yellowhead Tribal College programs, you can apply for Government of Alberta Foundational Learning Assistance:

  • UCEP

  • Academic Upgrading

  • 4 Winds Digital Literacy and Academic Upgrading

Students who are approved for financial support will have their program tuition paid for and may receive money for books, supplies, and living costs. For more information on the Government of Alberta funding program, call 1-800-222-6485.

 To apply for Government of Alberta learner income support:

1. Apply for admission to Yellowhead Tribal College.

2. Submit high school transcripts, or write the placement test.

3. After you are accepted, request to meet with the coordinator at Yellowhead Tribal College to apply  for tuition.

4. Check and verify your MyAlberta Digital ID at

5. Check your email inbox for an invitation from to start your funding application.

Both off-reserve and on-reserve members are encouraged to apply.