1. If a student drops a course from registration before the registration deadline, 100 % of tuition and non-instructional fees will be refunded, minus a $50 processing fee.
2. If a student changes from full-time to part-time before the add/drop date, non-instructional fees will be assessed at $85/course. Tuition will be assessed based on the number of courses a student is registered in.
3. If a student withdraws from a course or program after the registration deadline and up to the refund deadline (four weeks after the program has started) there will be a 50 % reduction in tuition assessed for the courses. Non-instructional fees will also be assessed at 50 %.
4. If a student changes from full-time to part-time after the registration deadline but before the refund deadline, non-instructional fees will be assessed at 50 %.
5. Students who withdraw after the refund deadline (five weeks after course or program start date) will be assessed at 100 % of tuition and non-instructional fees for that academic term.
6. All students must formally withdraw from courses or programs. Students must ensure that they follow the withdrawal procedure of their courses or program since failure to withdraw will have both financial and academic consequences. Failure to withdraw will result in 100 % of tuition and non-instructional fees owing to YTC. Fee deadlines are firm and are strictly enforced.
7. Students are responsible for complete course and program registrations. Accurate information must be on file for any registration. All changes to registration must be processed through the Department Head for the program.
8. Changes to audit a course: If a student wishes to change from credit to audit, in any course, the add/drop deadlines apply. Students must change their registration from credit to audit prior to the add/drop deadline.
9. Outstanding accounts: Students who are in arrears more than 30 days may be suspended or withdrawn from a course or program. If payment arrangements are needed, please contact the Registrar's office. Payment arrangements will be strictly enforced. Failure to meet deadlines will result in withdrawal of student from the course or program. Students who have outstanding accounts will not be admitted into any other programs until arrears are paid.
10. Refunds: All refunds will be issued to the student's funder. In cases where a student has paid their tuition directly to YTC, then refunds will be issued to the student. Refunds can take up to six weeks to process after a student withdraws from a course or program.
11. Books: No refunds will be processed for books unless the student has withdrawn prior to receiving the books.
A pdf of this policy may be downloaded here.