Students need support not only with education but also with culture, health and wellness, relationships, and family. Student Services ensures students are supported in these areas so they can focus on learning. YTC provides students with:
- Workshops and information sessions in the areas of community education, life and parenting skills, health and wellness, and language and culture.
- Traditional beading classes
- Bannock making
- Language days
- Counselling services
- Elders on site every day
- Monthly feasts
- On-campus food bank
The Student Services Coordinator assists students in overcoming hurdles to personal and academic success.
The Student Services Coordinator provides:
- Academic advising on program planning, course selection, accreditation, and transfer issues.
- Career counselling
- Personal counselling/developmental advising
- Awards and financial aid information
- Advocacy for students within the College
- Liaising with other post-secondary institutions.
- Please see your coordinator if you need to access our student food bank.
- Edmonton Food Bank provides food support services to those in need.
- Wecan Food Basket Society provides affordable nutritious food to community members throughout the Edmonton area.