Borrowing From YTC Library
Who Can Borrow?
- Students of Yellowhead Tribal College with a valid student ID card.
- Staff and instructors of Yellowhead Tribal College
- Members of the public with a valid The Alberta Library (TAL) card.
- Community borrowers without a TAL card can apply for borrowing privileges at the library service desk. Proof of identity is required.
Loan Periods & Restrictions
- Books may be borrowed for 30 days.
CDs and DVDs may be borrowed for 7 days.
- Reserve materials, reference materials, and periodicals (newspapers, magazines, journals, etc.) may only be used within the library.
Number of Items
- Students may borrow up to 3 CDs or DVDs and 10 books. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Library Manager.
- Staff and instructors have no limit to the amount of items they may borrow.
- TAL card holders and community borrowers are limited to 5 items.
- Fines are not charged for overdue items. Patrons with overdue items cannot borrow more items until the overdue items have been returned.
- Overdue notices will be sent electronically. If an item is not returned by the receipt of the final overdue notice, the patron will have a hold (block) placed on their account. The item will be assumed lost and the patron will be billed the cost of the item plus applicable processing fees.
- Final marks will be withheld for students with outstanding charges. The following additional sanctions may be applied: withholding of transcripts, permission to register, or permission to graduate. Charges will be forgiven and sanctions lifted if the items are returned.
Lost or Missing Items
- The library will charge a replacement fee for items reported missing by a patron.