Human Resources: Approved Date: May 5, 2022
Status: Exempt-Salaried Employee
Job Series/Job Family: Administrator Series / Administrator Family
Reports To: Senior Administrative Officer (SAO)
About Yellowhead Tribal College
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in Treaty 6 territory. We provide accredited programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment that nurtures Indigenous Peoples’ cultures and traditions.The college was established in 1986 by Yellowhead Tribal Council to meet the educational needs of its member nations (Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O'Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation). We offer academic upgrading, certificates, diplomas, and post-secondary courses and degrees to all adult learners. We also have an Indigenous Social Work Program which offers diploma and degree programs.
The Receptionist reports to the Senior Administrative Officer, performs clerical duties, and provides general office support. Serving as the first point of contact for visitors to the College, the Receptionist provides administrative support across the organization; handles inquiries from students, staff, community members, and visitors; and ensures that administrative tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner. The Receptionist is a valued member of the Yellowhead Tribal College team.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greeting visitors, welcoming, directing, and announcing them as appropriate
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receiving and sorting daily mail and other deliveries
- Maintaining security by following procedures
- Scheduling meetings & booking rooms
- Maintaining the confidentiality of paper-based and electronic documents
- Maintain records of outgoing and incoming mail
- Performing other clerical duties, such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing, etc.
- Ordering office supplies – as needed
- Weekly ordering of kitchen supplies – as required
- Other duties as required
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Understanding of the Receptionist position within a higher education setting
- Understanding of Yellowhead Tribal Council and Yellowhead Tribal College organizational structure
- Understanding of the necessary confidentiality required with respect to student and employee information
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Proficiency in the use of a modern telephone switchboard
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Time and stress management skills
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and basic internet navigation
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds
- 1 – 3 years of experience in an office setting
- High School Diploma
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its applicability in the office setting
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants may email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: Friday, May 20, 2022
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in Treaty 6 territory. We provide accredited programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment that nurtures Indigenous cultures and traditions. http://www.ytced.ab.ca