Yellowhead Tribal College, located on Treaty 6 territory in Edmonton, Alberta, is looking for a friendly, punctual, and team-oriented full-time receptionist to serve as the first point of contact for visitors to the College. The Receptionist provides administrative support across the organization; handles inquiries from students, staff, community members, and visitors; and ensures that administrative tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Applicants must be a member of one of the four Yellowhead Tribal Council Nations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them as appropriate
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receiving and sorting daily mail and other deliveries
- Maintaining security by following procedures and controlling access
- Scheduling meetings and booking rooms
- Performing other clerical duties, such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing, etc.
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Positive attitude and sincere interest in helping people
- Proven experience working in a similar role
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure
- Demonstrated record of attendance and punctuality
Salary: $30,000 annually, plus benefits
Closing date: Sunday, October 27, 2019, 11:59 pm MST
Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to:
Joy Sandy, Human Resources Officer